Thursday, March 26, 2009

Department of Eagles, MoMA video "No One Does It Like You"



The Department of Eagles screened their new music video for their song, No One Does It Like You, at MoMA on March 24th 2008, produced by the Directors Bureau, directed by Patrick Daughters and Marcel Dzama, and featuring costumes and sets designed by Dzama, and it is LOVELY in all it's simplicity. I love that MoMA has the balls to acknowledge the modern day music videos can be held up as art, because music IS art, and the bands/songs I gravitate towards seem even more enticing when they embody the ideals of the modern (and post-modern) era as much as a painting, or sculpture, or photograph ever could. And honestly, this video is pure art to me. It seems to elude back to the first incarnation of film, or early stop-animation, and even the art of surrealism, like Bunuel or Fritz Lang, yet it still plays with me and makes me smile. In total, very, very smart and well done. Really, really wonderful.

Want to know more about Department of Eagles?
Website
MySpace
SxSW Coverage @ BV

I would like to know where they got their name from...

No comments: