Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Inaugural 13.1 New York Race -- April 3, 2010

I have a new race on the horizon, and this time it's in Queens! I'm thinking I should make it a goal to run a half in every borough, and then run the NYC Marathon afterwards Talk about seeing the sites; and I'll most probably never want to run in NYC again after it, ha.

Part of the national 13.1 race series (which has already established races in Fort Launderdale, LA, Chicago and Boston), this half-marathon is the first of its kind, looping through Flushing Meadows Park and around it's many fountains, stadiums and the always visually stimulating Unisphere.

Here's the course map:


They claim that there is a party associated with this race, though no details have been posted yet. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: