Friday, April 4, 2008

Life is...

very unpredictable.

Today is the day of the week that I always look forward to and fear at the same time. Job application day. Every week for about a month now, I have been taking my one day off a week to look for a better, more interesting (and hopefully higher paying) job. At first, I was all excited and filled with ideas of 'what could I be?' (I still do sometimes, don't get me wrong), but this quickly gets old went after 4 job interviews and 4 weeks, you are still in the same place with the same freelance jobs. SO, in my attempt to fill the time when I have absolutely no new leads for applications, I was cleaning out my NYU email box and stumbled upon my old, long-forgotten livejournal! Wow, freshman/sophomore year right in front of me, all over again. It made me cring, smile, laugh, and generally just realize how overly serious I've become lately. Here it is infront of me, the proof that I wasn't always so neurotic or stressed (or even if I was, I could brush it off as if it were nothing). It talks about new ideas and drinking and dating and generally finding out who I was AND meeting all my now-best-friends for the first time over 4 years ago. Basically, I have a wonderful smile on my face now, remembering that there was a time not too long ago when the world seemed alot more forgiving and wide open (and that, really, it still is).


ps- the pic is my cat Pauly and was my livejournal pic!

No comments: