Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Half-Marathon Training

I've been training for the New Jersey Marathon for the past 2 months and I'm getting up there in how many miles I'm running per day. Tonight, I'll be running 5 miles, and will be up to 13 miles for the week! Running outside in Brooklyn is a big treat, especially in a neighborhood like Carroll Gardens to Brooklyn Heights. I get to look into wonderfully decorated brownstones, see what new restaurants have opened in the area and really appreciate the diversity of the borough. The elevation is a bitch, but always fullfilling when I'm done. The only problem I have is constantly trying to lengthen my distance without going too far into unknown areas (hence the loop around Brooklyn Heights).

The marathon is on May 4th in Long Branch, NJ and everyone is welcome to come and offer support (as in carrying me home afterwards!) :)

No comments: